RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE | 2003
MFA in Electronic Arts
Bachelor of Arts
ITHACA COLLEGE | 1999
Funding and Grants
2023. NYSCA Community Arts Grant with Hana Van Dek Kolk and
Angela Beallor for FlagSSS Day production, Troy, NY
2019 Signal Culture residency, Owego, NY
2017 NYSCA Community Arts Grant, with Angela Beallor, Troy, NY
2007 Paul Robeson Fund Filmmaking Grant, New York, NY
2001 Fulbright Scholarship to Dominican Republic
Lecturer, Arts Department
RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE | 2018 - Present
• Teaching Digital Filmmaking and TV Studio Production
• Contribute to development of new broadcast and recording studio
FULTON-MONTGOMERY COMMUNITY COLLEGE | 2015 - 2018
Instructor, Communications and Broadcast Media
• Teach Journalism, Media Writing, Introduction to Mass Communications, Digital Television Production, Advanced TV Production, Basic Audio Production, New Media
• Advisor to the Communications Club
• Senator for the Technology Division
• Member of Barto (visiting speaker series)
• Member of the President's Diversity and Inclusion Council
DOWNTOWN COMMUNITY TELEVISION | 2013 - 2015
• Teach Guerilla Filmmaking, Camera Basics, HDSLR
THE NEW SCHOOL | 2012 - 2013
• Teach Video Production and Post Production: camera, audio, lighting, editing. Distribution: social media, DVD Studio Pro, online distribution.
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY | 2009
• Teach Video Production and Community Activism.
• Teach students video history and theory.
• Teach Video Production and Post Production.
• Students produce videos for local community.
THE ARK AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM | 1999-2002
• Design & teach video, animation, imaging, web design & media literacy classes.
• Work with students to produce materials for local businesses.
• Collaborate with local high school to use video classes to fulfill academic credits.
DEMOCRACY NOW! 2003 - 2016
• Shoot News events on location, produce, edit and FTP packages from the field.
• Edit footage and produce visual elements for daily broadcast.
• Manage video production projects: book freelancers, organize multi-camera shoots, and supervise interns and volunteers.
• Monitor news feeds. Coordinate studios satellite & fiber bookings.
• Live Control room experience; including tape-less play-out using Fork.
• Develop story ideas.
TV Producer | Editor | Camera Person | Technical Director
• Provide multimedia coverage of international negotiations for environment and sustainable development policymakers.
• Manage teams of 13 video producers and videographer/editors.
Video Manager | Photographer | Videographer
THE INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT | 2013 - 2016
• Work on live daily show and music captures including Celebrate Brooklyn.
• Teach production classes in the Community Media Department.
Camera Operator and Technical Director
BRIC - Brooklyn Independent Media | 2015 - 2016
• Write, produce, shoot, edit, upload, distribute and promote short video packages documenting best practices in bicycling, walking and mass transit.
Director | Producer
STREETFILMS.ORG | 2007 - 2013
SANCTUARY FOR INDEPENDENT MEDIA | 2002 - Present
Board Member | Volunteer
• Co-launch a daily 1-hour local affairs radio program.
• Direct documentation of live events
• Produce documentaries
I-WITNESS VIDEO | 2004 - 2009
Volunteer Producer | Cameraperson
• Shoot legal video at local demonstrations.
• Video & Photography have been published in the New York Times.
• Composite edit thirty-minute daily show (Worldfocus) for broadcast on PBS.
• Edit short News packages.
Composite Editor/ Promo Editor
WNET/WORLDFOCUS | 2008 - 2009
• Camera and Switcher operator for one-hour live-to-tape current affairs show.
GRIT TV WITH LAURA FLANDERS | 2008 - 2009